Do you have a passion for news? A passion to tell stories other people wants hidden? Are you an aspiring journalist who already obtained their first degree in journalism? If you nodded to all the questions then this opportunity is for you.
Media24 is offering 25 bursaries to join the Journalism Honours Programmes at WITS, University of Stellenbosch, Rhodes University or North-West University. To be considered you must have a completed undergraduate degree in any discipline.
To quote Media24’s journalism bursary requirements:
• Have excellent writing skills (English and/or Afrikaans will be considered)
• Be able to work under extreme pressure and to strict deadlines
• Have high attention to detail
• Have good people skills
• Be curious, persistent and resilient
• Have questioning and listening skills
• Take initiative
• Have worked in any media (such as campus or community media)(advantageous)
• General Knowledge
During your studies you will be required to work at some of Media24’s publications. And on completion of your studies you will be guaranteed an entry into the Media24 Internship Programme.
The application process is online at careers24.com and applicants are required to write a motivation letter stating why they think they should get the bursary. For more information and to apply visit this link: http://www.careers24.com/jobs/adverts/151543-bursaries-and-graduate-opportunities-in-media-cape-town-and-johannesburg/
Applications close on 13 August 2011, so hurry