Media24 is offering postgraduate bursaries to 25 future journalists for study towards a postgraduate qualification in journalism. The company also guarantees those graduates who completes their studies a place on the Media24 Internship programme.
Think you’re up to the challenge of a life of go, go, go’, where deadlines wait for no one, where the scoop is first prize, and where YOU decide what’s hot and what’s not?
Welcome to Media24, where journalism meets the world, and where you meet the career you’ve been waiting for.
We want to give you… 25 Media24 Bursaries for postgraduate study in Journalism, at WITS, the University of Stellenbosch, Rhodes University and North-West University- as well as a guaranteed job at the end of your studies,
All you need is… A commitment to Courage, Integrity, Accountability, Respect – and a healthy dose of curiosity, persistence, resilience, and energy.
How does it work?
- You show us that you’ve completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline, with an academic average of at least 65% in your final year, and we’ll consider your application (Final year students are also welcome).
- The chosen 25 then head off to one of the Honours Programmes above, returning to the Media24 Mother-ship during vacations to work at some of our leading publications.
- After you graduate from your 1 year studies, you’ll be guaranteed entry to the Media24 Internship Programme, where you’ll work full-time at the Media24 publication of your choice. Yes, you read right: you’ll be starting your studies knowing that there’s a job waiting for you on the other side.
Ideal journalism bursary applicant should:
- Have excellent writing skills (English and/or Afrikaans will be considered)
- Be able to work under extreme pressure and to strict deadlines
- Have high attention to detail
- Have good people skills
- Be curious, persistent and resilient
- Have questioning and listening skills
- Take initiative
- Have worked in any media (such as campus or community media)(advantageous)
- General Knowledge
Apply online and upload your CV together with a Letter of Motivation/Cover note (why do you want to be a journalist, and what do you have to offer?). All applications close 15 August 2012.
NOTE : Please note that NO applications will be accepted without the most recent copy of your academic results