The Perishable Product Export Control Board (PPECB)‘s Finance Department is recruiting for an vacancy of a Finance Graduate Intern. The internship will be for a period of 12-months and the successful candidate will be exposed the duties of providing administrative support to the management accountant and other finance business units for general accounting and finance duties.
The successful candidate can expect to be paid a monthly stipend of R3,500 (three thousand and five hundred Rands).
The Finance Intern will be chiefly responsible for:
* Filing and administration duties of financial records – Creditors and Procurement, management accounting
* Assistance with processing on the Procurement and Accounting systems
* Financial Reports extraction and dissemination
* Provide accurate cost and management information to all levels of management within agreed timelines
* Prepare certain reconciliations, analyses and work papers as required by external auditors at year end.
* Creditors and Debtors Administration function of filing
* Procurement Administrative duties
* Finance Degree or National Diploma in Accounting
* Good communication skills within a team environment.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
* The ability to meet deadlines and work efficiently under pressure
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- be discreet when dealing with client information
- understand general ledger structures
- The ability to meet deadlines and work effeciently under pressure
- handle month-end accounts
- maintain and reconcile records of financial transactions
- maintain invoices on an annual basis
- verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management
- banking and banking reconciliations
- data collection and analysis
- general ledger entries
- maintaining general ledger structures
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel,Word and Outlook)
- Good communication skills within a team environment
HOW TO APPLY?
The application process is online and you will be required to register for an account on the destination website. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
CLOSING DATE: 28 JUNE 2013
PPECB is a national public entity constituted and mandated in terms of the PPEC Act, No. 9 of 1983 to perform cold chain services. PPECB also delivers inspection and food safety services as mandated by the Department of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries, under the APS Act, No. 119 of 1990.
(c) The Bursary Bin owns partial copyright on this article. No reproduction without permission