Heinz Foods is looking to employ a procurement intern for its Procurement department in Paarl; we are looking for a Bachelor/Master student who is interested in an internship of 6 months.
The purpose of the role is to support and work with the team responsible for procurement in Heinz Foods South Africa. South Africa procurement includes sourcing of raw materials and packaging across a wide range of categories (tuna fish, meat, wheat, resin etc.) for A-brands, such as: Heinz, John West, Wellington and Today.
Within the team there is a great need for data visibility and reporting to support decision making. The purpose of the internship is to support the team in developing their sourcing strategies by carrying out in-depth data analyses for all respective categories and converting data into a meaningful standardized reporting set.
The key activities of the applicant are:
- A thorough analysis of the Procurement spend across Heinz Foods South Africa. With the data gathering the applicant will need to have a pro-active approach in reaching out to the various stakeholders both in the head office, as well as on the production sites.
- Identify Key Performance Indicators that turn data into information and embed these in the monthly forecasting cycle
- Support the team on operational issues where needed
- Deliver a top-notch reporting set covering all key Procurement categories, offering extensive insight in performance of the department
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCES:
- Applicant should be in the early/mid stage (1st/2nd year of study) of a Bachelors or Masters study in Economics/Business Administration
- Interested in pursuing a career in Procurement/Supply Chain
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical capability
- A commercial mindset
- Strong in verbal and written business English
- Good computer skills (Excel in particular/Word/Powerpoint)
- Self-starter, able to accomplish tasks on own initiative
CLOSING DATE: 05 JUNE 2013