The CSIR is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates in various study fields (see below) to apply for 12-month long internship opportunities within its Bio-manufacturing Industry Development Centre (BIDC).
The BIDC at CSIR Biosciences is focussed on translation of research into market-ready products and technologies. The BIDC works closely with SMMEs to develop market-ready products and to support their entry into the market. This requires a multi-disciplinary approach incorporating market and business development, technology and product development, manufacturing and marketing among others. The BIDC is offering a range of internships in the areas listed below.
- Quality assurance
- Technology and process development
- Product development
- Public Relations/ Marketing
- Analytical chemistry
- Project administration and management
- Procurement and logistics
Interns will be afforded the opportunity for experiential learning, and will participate in large multi-disciplinary teams.
- Design, plan and execute tasks under supervision.
- In-depth analysis and objective interpretation of data under supervision.
- Undertake laboratory and pilot plant research and development
- Contribute to writing reports and manuscripts.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- The minimum educational qualification will be an undergraduate degree or diploma in the relevant areas listed above;
- Postgraduate qualifications and/or relevant work experience would be an advantage;
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and the ability to work under supervision within a dynamic team environment;
- The following competencies are critical for this position: innovation; sound technical knowledge; integrity, lateral thinking ability; and knowledge and appreciation of a cross-disciplinary project team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute across the boundaries imposed by classical scientific disciplines.
Closing date: 25 October 2013
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.