Have you graduated with a national diploma or degree in electronics, computer engineering, or computer science? The CSIR is looking to appoint two interns with a diploma or degree in computer engineering, electronics or computer science on an internship programme starting in 2014.
- Designing and developing of electronic designs or embedded programming, or possibly a combination thereof;
- To conduct experiments on electronic circuits, robots and instrumentation;
- CAD, Electronic Schematic capture and/or PCB Layout;
- Building and Testing of prototypes;
- Component ordering, stock management of the lab;
- Ensuring the safe operation of the laboratory.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum National Diploma in Electronics or computer engineering/ computer science;
- Good computer literacy;
- All of the following are desirable:
- Innovative and entrepreneurial thought;
- Desire to experiment with new technology, products and services;
- Drive to succeed;
- Passion for knowledge and knowledge generation;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and to empower or enable others;
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Being organised and diligent;
- Planning skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Problem solving skills.
Should you meet the above requirements, CLICK HERE NOW TO APPLY, you will be required to register before you can submit your application. If you are a returning applicant, please log onto the application system using your user name and password.
Closing date: 18 October 2013
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.