The CSIR is inviting mechatronics and electronics graduates to apply for their internship starting 2014. Successful candidates will be paid a stipend for the term of the internship contract.
- Designing of mechanical structures/mechanisms;
- Mechanical CAD;
- Construction and experimentation of mechanical structures;
- Building and testing of prototypes;
- Component ordering, stock management of the lab;
- Ensuring the safe operation of the laboratory.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum: National Diploma or BTech Degree in Mechatronics or Electronics
- Good computer literacy
- All of the following are desirable:
- Innovative and entrepreneurial thought;
- Desire to experiment with new technology, products and services;
- Drive to succeed;
- Passion for knowledge and knowledge generation;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and to empower or enable others;
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Being organised and diligent;
- Planning skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Problem solving skills.
Should you meet the above requirements, CLICK HERE NOW TO APPLY, if you are a first time applicant, you will be required to register before you can submit your application. If you are a returning applicant, please log onto the application system using your user name and password
Closing date: 18 October 2013
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint.