UTi is a global supply chain and logistics company with a global footprint of 370 offices and logistics centres in more than 60 countries. We are offering candidates the chance to join our Learnership programme, due to commence 01 March 2014.
Grab this opportunity to gain 12 months hands-on experience in one of our busy Warehouses or Distribution Centres, plus a nationally recognised qualification in the following area.
Information Technology: Systems Support, Systems Development & Database Development
The qualification is designed to provide qualified Learners with an undergraduate entry into the fields of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Computer Sciences, specialising in:
(1) Systems development,
(2) Systems support, or
(3) Database development (Rank in order of preference).
Microsoft exams are included for some modules and the candidate must have confidence to pass on first try.
Applicants must have completed Matric / Grade 12, or are currently doing Grade 12 and must be South African citizens.
The programme is a 12-months, full-time commitment (Monday – Friday, with time off to attend classes and examinations / assessments).
Successful applicants will receive a monthly allowance of R3500 per month, to cover the cost of travel to and from the UTi premises where they are based.
The qualification will be issued to the candidate upon successful completion of the 12-months period, as well as successful completion of the required examinations and assessments.
After applying please ensure the following:
- You receive a confirmation of your application.
- Check your emails regularly during the application process.
Successful candidates will be contacted via email only. Pre-employment Assessments & Interviews will be conducted from November 2013 onwards.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- arrive punctually for work
- open and deal with incoming mail
- operate office equipment (photocopiers, fax machines, switchboards, etc.)
- use MS Excel (intermediate)
- use MS Word (intermediate)
- work without supervision
- ability to grasp and process new information
- work in a team as well as individually
- the basic services and products that a distribution / logistics company offers
Closing Date: 21 October 2013