Are you currently in university? Or maybe you are currently writing your Grade 12 final exams. The Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) is looking to address the current skills shortages in municipalities. The education and training authority is therefore inviting people like you to apply for its 2014 bursaries.
What are the requirements?
- You must be a South African citizen;
- Be currently in university, technikon or FET college OR
- Be currently in Grade 12, intending to pursue a critical or scarce skill qualification in local government (see Table A below for identified local government scarce skills according to The Department of Higher Education and Training’s (DHET) Skills Demand List for local government);
- Willing to serve an internship at a local government institution in South Africa on completion of studies.
Table A – Scarce skills in terms of the “Skills Demand List 2012-2013” for local government published by DHET
Note: The list below was created by The Bursary Bin using the skills demand list mentioned in the title above; it may not be complete and is only published as an indicator. To find out whether the certificate, diploma, or degree you intend to study or are currently studying towards is a scarce and critical skill please contact LGSETA on telephone number 011 456 8579.
Local Government Management
Financial Management and Accounting
Sales and Marketing
Manufacturing, Mining and Distribution
Social welfare and social services
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Architects, Planners, Surveyors and Designers
Town and Regional Planning
Cartographers and Surveyors
Health (including Nursing and Midwifery)
Occupational Health and Hygiene
Information and Communications Technology / IT
Librarians and Archivists
Technicians / Artisans
Ambulance / Emergency Services
Supply Chain / Logistics
Protective Services/ Security
How to apply?
To apply for this bursary please CLICK HERE to download the 2014 LGSETA Bursary Application Form. Fill the form in and return it together with a complete CV (with an application/cover letter), and
* certified copies of your qualifications and ID book,
* proof of application/ letter of acceptance at a tertiary education institution (IF you are already a registered student provide a proof of registration instead),
* IF you are already at tertiary, also provide your Transcript of Academic Record,
* proof of income of parent/guardian.
Learning Programmes Department – Bursaries
P.O Box 1964
OR Hand deliver to:
4/6 Corporate Park Building,
OR by Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30 November 2013
Should your have any questions regarding this advert please do not hesitate to contact LGSETA Learning Programmes Department on 011 456 8579.
Please note: Late applications will be disqualified automatically, people with disabilities and females will be given preferred consideration. Should you not be contacted by the 30 December 2013 please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
(c) The Bursary Bin owns full copyright on this article. Reproduction without prior permission is strictly prohibited.