UTi is a global supply chain and logistics company with a global footprint of 370 offices and logistics centres in more than 60 countries. We are offering candidates the chance to join our Learnership programme, due to commence 01 March 2014.
Grab this opportunity to gain 12 months hands-on experience in one of our busy Warehouses or Distribution Centres, plus a nationally recognised qualification in one of the following areas.
We are offering 5 different Learnership programmes in Port Elizabeth, as follows:
1. Business Administration
This qualification is for any individual who is or wishes to be involved in the Administration function within any industry or non-commercial venture / organization. The core component of the qualification offers the learner knowledge and skills in the:
- management of records,
- comprehension of written and verbal texts,
- business writing,
- problem solving,
- cultural awareness,
- self-management and development,
- project teamwork; and
- business policies and procedures.
The elective component is focused on Project Administration.
2. Freight Forwarding & Custom Clearing
This qualification is to:
- provide learners with the conceptual framework and the skills necessary to perform routine functions; and
- equip Learners to operate cross functionally within the Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance environment of the international logistics industry.
3. Freight Handling
The safe handling of freight is dependent upon the applicable people complying with the relevant procedures and applying the necessary skills to their handling.
- This qualification is aimed at providing learners with an integrated practical and theoretical grounding in Freight Handling.
- The skills necessary to maintain and enhance the level of service and quality of service expected by customers.
- An awareness and understanding of key business principles that lead to transformation, transferability, economic growth and social development in the freight handling industry.
We are looking for candidates who want the opportunity to grow into / with the company.
4. Information Technology
The qualification is designed to provide qualified Learners with an undergraduate entry into the fields of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Computer Sciences, specialising in:
Systems development, Systems support, or Database development.
Microsoft exams are included for some modules and the candidate must have confidence to pass on first try.
5. Supply Chain Solutions
The purpose is to provide learners with the competencies required to engage in the processes and inter-relationships across the supply chain so as to create sustainable value for organisations.
- This qualification is aimed at overcoming the traditional functional approach to operations and management, and at fostering supply chain integration to the advantage of all stakeholders.
The candidate must be willing to self – study and be comfortable with using technology.
Applicants must have completed Matric / Grade 12, or are currently doing Grade 12 and must be South African citizens.
The programme is a 12-months, full-time commitment (Monday – Friday, with time off to attend classes and examinations / assessments).
Successful applicants will receive a monthly allowance of R3500 per month, to cover the cost of travel to and from the UTi premises where they are based.
The qualification will be issued to the candidate upon successful completion of the 12-months period, as well as successful completion of the required examinations and assessments.
After applying please ensure you receive a confirmation of your application. Check your emails regularly during the application process.
Successful candidates will be contacted via email only. Pre-employment Assessments & Interviews will be conducted from November 2013 onwards.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- arrive punctually for work
- Ability to grasp and process new information.
- open and deal with incoming mail
- operate office equipment (photocopiers, fax machines, switchboards, etc.)
- use MS Excel (intermediate)
- use MS Word (intermediate)
- work accurately and neatly
- work without supervision
- work in a team as well as individually
- the basic services and products that a distribution / logistics company offers
Closing Date: 21 October 2013