Are you a resident of the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality? Are you unemployed and looking to train as a metro police officer? The City of Johannesburg is currently accepting application from residents wishing to pursue a career as metro police officers. Successful candidates will be appointed as Metro Police Trainees and receive training for a period of 18-months after which they may be considered for permanent jobs in the City of Johannesburg Metro Police Department, as metro police officers.
What are the requirements?
- You have to meet the following minimum criteria to be considered for these trainee opportunities:
- You must be a South African citizen between the ages of 18-35 years old, and be a resident of the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality;
- Have a valid Grade 12 (Matric) qualification;
- Be medically fit (mentally and physically), be healthy – you must provide a Medical Certificate;
- Have a clean criminal record (convictions relating to political activities during the apartheid regime do not count as criminal offences);
- Have a valid Code 8 (code B) driver’s licence for manual transmission vehicles;
- Be proficient in the English language.
The applicant should be patient, honest, have a positive attitude, be reliable and be able to work under pressure and under all weather conditions, shifts, weekends, and public holidays.
How to apply?
Submission of documents: Updated CV (with 3 references) and certified copies of qualifications, drivers licence, SA ID and Medical Certificate must be hand-delivered to: City of Johannesburg, Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Academy, 1 Stevenson Road, Selby. (Opposite Booysens station). Late, faxed and e-mailed applications will NOT be accepted.
Closing date: Wednesday, 04 December 2013
Should you not be contacted by the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality by 31 December 2013.
City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality reserves the right to not make any appointments.