Drakenstein Municipality – a local municipality in the Cape Winelands district, Western Cape – is inviting applications from its residents for its 2014 bursary programme. Only applications from people within the Drankenstein municipal area (including Saron, Paarl, Hermon, Gouda and Wellington) will be considered. The bursary is available for people intending to study towards a qualification in adult education, engineering, financial management, plumbing and town/regional planning among others.
What are the requirements?
To be considered you have to meet the following minimum requirements:
- You have to be planning to study towards any of the following qualifications:
- Town and Regional Planning;
- Adult Education and Training (Diploma/ Degree);
- Financial Management (Auditing, Accounting, Municipal Finance);
- Plumbing, Electrical and Motor Mechanic Studies; and
- Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical and Civil).
- You must also meet the following criteria
- Be a resident of Drakenstein Municipality;
- Be between 18-30 years of age;
- A recently passed matric/grade 12 certificate or currently in matric/grade 12;
- Valid proof of registration OR acceptance at a tertiary institution;
- If currently in Grade 12, proof of final Grade 12 results or September 2013 Grade 12 results;
- Proof of parents’ total income.
Please note: That the value of the bursary awarded will be NOT more than R7 000 per student; people from designated Employment Equity groups (including people living with disabilities) will receive preference.
How to apply?
To apply download the 2014 Application Form by clicking here. Fill the application form in and attached certified copies of all supporting documents and hand-deliver your application form to the following offices (nearest):
- MBEKWENI Library (Ms P. Sijaji, Tel: 021 868 2759)
- PAARL Civic Centre (Ms A. Visser, Tel: 021 807 4510 / Ms N. Mandla, Tel: 021 807 4503)
- GOUDA Municipal Offices (Mr T Petersen, Tel:023 232 0020)
- SARON Municipal Offices (Mrs G McDonald, Tel: 023 240 0525
- WELLINGTON Municipal Offices (Ms I Witsche, Tel: 021 807 6266)
Closing Date: Friday, 10 January 2014 at 12H00.
If you are not contacted within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
(c) The Bursary Bin owns all copyright on this article. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited.