Are a young South African citizen, resident in Gauteng Province? Are you looking for an opportunity to study and better your chances of getting employment? Do you have a calling for caring for the sick and the frail? Can you uphold nursing ethics and not become rude to sick patients needing your help? Do you feel nursing is a calling for you? Yes? The Gauteng Department of Health is inviting applications from unemployed young South Africans residing in the Gauteng Province to apply for their 2015 Nursing Bursaries. Successful applicants will be awarded bursaries to study for Nursing Diploma in Psychiatric, Midwifery and Community Nursing starting in January 2015 at one of the following Gauteng public nursing colleges: SG Lourens Nursing College, Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College, or Ann Latsky Nursing College.
What are the requirements?
To be considered for the Gauteng Department of Health Nursing Bursaries for 2015 you have to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be 35 years old or younger in January 2015;
- You must currently be in Grade 12/Matric OR have a completed Senior Certificate OR a National Senior Certificate OR a National Certificate (Vocational): Primary Health;
- Must be a resident of Gauteng Province;
- The following are the minimum subject requirements for each of the required qualifications:
- IF you have a Senior Certificate (passed old Grade 12): English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C and an M score of 15;
- IF you have a National Senior Certificate (passed new Grade 12): English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4 and an APS of 25;
- IF you have a National Certificate (Vocational) Primary Healt: Fundamental subjects 50% and Vocational subjects 60%;
- IF you are currently in Grade 12: you must meet the above National Senior Certificate with your Grade 11 marks; OR
- IF you have a nursing qualification (e.g. Enrolled Nurse or Enrolled Nursing Auxilieary): you must have English HG D or SG C and an M score of 13 or Level 4 and an APS of 23.
How to apply
To apply for the 2015 Gauteng Department of Health Nursing Bursaries you have to follow the following steps:
- Register for a profile on the Gauteng Provincial Government Professional Job Centre website by CLICKING HERE NOW;
- Using your ID Number as a username and the password you chose in Step 1 above; CLICK HERE and click on “Login” on the left hand side of GPG Professional Job Center and apply;
- Click on the “Nurse Training Intake for 2015” banner on the left of the GPG Professional Job Centre website and apply.
CLOSING DATE: 02 May 2014
The Bursary Bin owns all copyright on this article. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited