Do you want to study nursing but lack a bursary or finance to do so? Are you a resident of North West? The North West Department of Health is inviting residents of the province to apply for Auxiliary Nursing learnership opportunities which are expected to be completed over a 12-months period. The learnership opportunities are open to residents of North West province with a desire to study nursing but lack the finance or bursaries to study nursing. On successful completion of the programme learners will qualify as Auxiliary Nurses/ Nursing Assistants. During the learnership, learners will receive a monthly stipend of R1 500.
What are the requirements?
You have to meet the following minimum requirements to be considered:
- You must have a Senior Certificate/ Grade 12 OR a National Certificate (Vocational);
- It will be to your advantage if you have passed English, Biology / Life Sciences with 40% or more; and
- You must be a resident of the following districts of North West:
- Ngaka Modiri Molema (15): Mahikeng; Ratlou; Ramotshere Moilwa; Tswaing; and Ditsobotla areas; AND/
- Bojanala (20): Rustenburg; Moses Kotane; Kgetleng; Moretele; and Madibeng areas.
How to apply?
To apply for the Auxiliary Nursing Learnerships at the North West Department of Health, please send your application (together with your CV and certified copies of qualifications and ID) to:
Ms BJ Kaat (Auxiliary Nursing Learnership)
Department of Health
Private Bag X2178
Closing date: 30 April 2014
Should you have any questions regarding this learnership please call Ms BJ Kaat on the following telephone number (018) 384-1123 during normal office hours.
(c) The Bursary Bin owns copyright for this article. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited.