(Ref No RIA-PC Intern 05/14)
Pretoria-11 month contract (1 position)
PAN: Children is looking to employ a master’s level intern who is interested in research, writing and knowledge translation, ideally in the field of children’s socio-economic rights.
PAN: Children aims to develop a range of information and research synthesis products for wider dissemination, including, case studies, weekly alerts, literature surveys, briefs and newsletters. In addition there are plans underway to establish a rapid-response help-desk for clients in the field of children’s rights. An additional component of this position is to provide a coordination role for various events and general administrative duties.
• Conduct research and contribute to the development and expansion of PAN: Children facilities and products including case studies, literature reviews, email alerts and monthly newsletters/bulletins
• Liaise with researchers internally and externally;
• Contribute to PAN: Children secretariat administrative activities as well as all PAN: Children events including policy dialogues, seminars and road shows;
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of a stakeholder database.
• Currently studying towards a Master’s Degree in children’s rights, or a relevant social sciences or legal degree;
• Research skills and an aptitude for easy to understand writing and engaging a wide audience;
• An understanding of current debates and policy processes in the field of children’s rights;
• Interest and background in children’s rights and policy processes;
• Sound writing skills and the ability to translate research into accessible formats;
• Familiarity with information management and dissemination;
• Willingness to network widely with researchers and monitor current affairs;
• Willingness to play a coordinating role in the development of knowledge products and planning events;
• Must be a South African citizen.
The HSRC offers attractive, market-related packages depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply?
To get more details on how to apply CLICK HERE NOW.
Closing date: 26 May 2014.
Applicants who have not been contacted within eight weeks should assume that their application has been unsuccessful. Only candidates who are interviewed will be advised of the outcome of the interview.
(c) All copyright on this article rests with the HSRC. All rights reserved.
APPLICATIONS FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.