CSIR ICT Service Centre unit has a vacancy for an In-service Trainee/Internship. The incumbent will provide first-line support on business applications to system users, document processes and software, test new software and/or applications to ensure quality products configure software and help out on all projects that involve the applications unit. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Software troubleshooting.
- Web applications development and support.
- Provide support on web applications.
- Ensure quality service is provided to clients.
- Support ERP applications and other EBAS applications.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- In-Service Trainee – A matric (Grade 12) certificate with completed two years of a national diploma or Bachelor’s degree in information technology specialising in software or web development.
- Internship – A national diploma or Bachelor’s degree in information technology specialising in software or web development.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work accurately and well under pressure.
- Reliable and possess a good work ethic.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to handle difficult customers.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Be a lateral thinker.
Applicants are required to include the following in their application:
- A covering letter indicating which position is applied for.
- A copy of a national diploma or Bachelor’s degree along with an academic transcript and Grade 12 results.
- A copy of an ID document.
Applicants must be South African citizens.
Closing date: 16 May 2014
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
(c) The CSIR owns all copyright on this article. All rights reserved.