The National Treasury invites applications for its 2015 Bursary Programme from young South Africans currently in matric OR those who completed matric/ Grade 12 OR those currently at university. The bursaries will be available to students who are excelling academically but who are financially needy. The bursaries will be issued in a number of study fields, namely: Accounting, BCom Law, Development Finance, Econometrics, Economics, Financial Engineering, Financial Management, Internal Audit, LLB, Public Policy, Risk Management, Social Policy, and Taxation.
What are the requirements?
- Be a South African citizen;
- Be financially needy;
- Successfully meet the entry requirement for your chosen degree (provide proof of provisional acceptance for studies in 2015 or proof of registration at a university);
- You have to be studying to towards, or planning to study in 2015, a university degree in any of the following disciplines:
- Accounting, BCom Law, Development Finance, Econometrics, Economics, Financial Engineering, Financial Management, Internal Audit, LLB, Public Policy, Risk Management, Social Policy, and Taxation;
- You must be an above average academic performer (if you are currently in Matric/Grade 12 you must achieve a university exemption (pass with degree admission) and attain 65% or more average pass mark; if you are already at university you must have obtained 65% or higher average pass mark for the previous year of study)
How to apply?
To apply, complete this application form (click here to download – if not downloading, right-click and click “Save As”) and return it, together with the following documents, to the National Treasury (by email or post on the details below):
- Cover letter stating your field of interest and motivation;
- Certified copy of the applicant’s South African ID;
- Full official academic record or the latest statement of Grade 12 results;
- Proof of Registration or Provisional acceptance at University;
- Certified copies of parent/s or guardian’s South African IDs;
- Proof of Parent’s/Guardian income (salary advice) or affidavit (in case of unemployment).
Submit completed applications by email to email@example.com OR
The HR Specialist: Talent Management
Private Bag X 115
Closing date: 15 August 2014
For more information on the National Treasury bursary programme or you have questions CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FAQ sheet.
(c) The Bursary Bin owns partial copyright on this article. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited.