Standard Bank is looking to recruit for its IT Systems Developer Learnership to be based in Pretoria, Gauteng. This programme starts on 1 August 2014. And applications are invited from young South Africans with a Grade 12 / Matric with Mathematics OR Computer Science as passed subjects. If you have already passed a tertiary in IT you also are welcome to apply. As part of the learnership, learners will go through practical and theoretical training and on successful completion will be awarded with a formal qualification in Systems Development. The Standard Bank Learnership will pay successful candidates a monthly stipend of R4500 for the duration of the learnership.
What are the requirements?
You candidate must:
- Be between the ages of 18-30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed Matric and passed Mathematics or Computer Science (with minimum pass of 50%) [We will also consider candidates with a post matric IT Qualification and candidates who have obtained a minimum matric pass of 65% in Maths Literacy]
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership
How to apply?
The Recruitment Process:
- Closing date for applications is 20 June 2014
- Candidates must have a valid email address as all correspondence will be done via email.
- Candidates will be required to complete relevant assessments online and when shortlisted.
- Start date of programme is 1 August 2014
- The following checks will be conducted:
- Register for Employees Dismissed (RED) checks;
- Credit and criminal record checks;
- Reference checks with previous employers;
- Verification of educational qualifications;
- Proof of South African citizenship/South African residency/work permit
Please note that if contact is not made with the applicant by end July 2014, you may consider your application as unsuccessful.