The purpose of these Internships is to equip the Interns, who are graduates in engineering, town and regional planning, architecture, applied mathematics, geography or related fields, with knowledge and experience on renewable energy as part of the broader process of dealing with climate change effects in the public and private sector environments. This programme will also address capacity building in renewable energy (CBRE) with special focus on Biogas. The positions are based in Pretoria.
The programme is a result of the collaboration between CSIR/Gauteng Department of Economic Development and the West Rand District Municipality. All the four local municipalities within the West Rand Municipality (i.e. Merafong, Westonaria, Randfontein and Mogale City) will benefit from the implementation of the programme. Even though up-scaling of the CSIR technology will be in one local municipality within the West Rand District Municipality, assessments and training of graduates will be carried-out in selected wastewater treatment works in all the local municipalities.
- Engage in job-related tasks and assignments, contributing to the CBRE project.
- Participate in technical seminars on waste to energy and in district and/or local municipal workshops on renewable energy and other project-related events and processes.
- Participate in assessment studies and upgrading of the wastewater treatment works for generation of electricity from waste.
- Strengthen job-related skills through skills development courses and working experience.
Qualifications and skills:
- A national diploma or Bachelor’s degree in the built environment discipline (i.e. engineering, town and regional planning, architecture, applied mathematics, geography), or allied disciplines.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Innovative, creative, problem-solving and solution-seeking orientation.
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
Closing date: 11 July 2014
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR is a responsible employer; we have put measures in place to ensure that equity is implemented such that it best serves the interests of the organisation and South Africa as a whole. This speaks to the CSIR’s commitment to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
(c) Copyright rests solely with the CSIR. All rights reserved.