The Gauteng government department tasked with the development of infrastructure through South Africa’s richest province is inviting applications from young South African final year students and graduates in various fields, resident in Gauteng, to apply for its 2015 internship programme. National Diploma students requiring experiential training in order to complete their studies are also invited to apply. Fields of study that will be considered include the following (see the table below for more): Cost and Management Accounting, Communication/ Journalism/ Marketing/ Photography/Graphic Design, Monitoring and Evaluation/ Research, LLB / BCom Law degree, Monitoring and Evaluation/ Research, Computer Science/ Informatics/ Information Technology/ Networking/ Computer Engineering, Industrial Psychology/ Social Work/ Occupational Health and Safety, Interior Design, Engineering studies and many more fields.
Successful applicants will be placed on the 12-months long internship programme and will receive a monthly stipend of R4500.00.
What are the required fields?
You must have a qualification or be in final year of study of a qualification as listed below:
|Area of Exposure||Qualifications||Reference No.|
|Construction and Building/ Engineering Studies||National Diploma/N6 (FET): Building/ Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering /H-VAC||DID-2014/1|
|Degree: Electrical & Electronic Engineering / Structural / Mechanical / Architecture/ Quantity Surveying|
|Degree/National Diploma: Interior Design|
|Information Technology||Degree/National Diploma /FET: Computer Science/ Informatics/ Information Technology/ Networking/ Computer Engineering||DID-2014/2|
|Financial Management||Degree/National Diploma: Cost and Management Accounting||DID-2014/3|
|Marketing and Communication||Degree/National Diploma: Communication/ Journalism/ Marketing/ Photography/ Graphic Design||DID-2014/4|
|Human Resource Management||Degree/National Diploma: Industrial Psychology/ Social Work/ Occupational Health and Safety||DID-2014/5|
|Corporate Governance||Degree: Policy and Legislation/ Public Management/ Research||DID-2014/6|
|Monitoring and Evaluation||Degree: Monitoring and Evaluation/ Research||DID-2014/7|
|Legal||LLB Degree/BCom Law||DID-2014/8|
Additional minimum requirements?
You must also ensure that you meet the requirements below before applying:
- You must be a resident of Gauteng;
- Must have never took part in a government internship;
- If you require experiential training, you must attach a letter confirm the requirement from your institution (this letter must also indicated the duration and area of exposure required);
- Must be a South African citizen.
How to apply?
To apply for this internship programme, submit your applications accompanied by a duly completed Z83 Form (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD, or go fetch one at a government office near you) [hint: On the Z83 Form, under “Position for which you are applying (as advertised)” write: Internship (write field of exposure from table above) and under “Reference number (as stated in the advert)” write: the reference number as stated in the table above], CV, and certified copies of Transcript of Academic Record/ Statement of Results, qualifications, and ID to the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development by hand on the following address:
Gauteng Department of Infrastructure, Ground floor, ABSA Building, 11 Diagonal Street, Johannesburg.
Closing date: 15 August 2014
If you have questions regarding this internship programme please call Ms Moipone Mukhufi on cellphone number 076 942 2852 or Ms Desiree Seseane on this number 076 948 0278 during normal office hours only.
- If you do not hear from the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development in two(2) months, consider your application unsuccessful;
- Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development reserves the right to apply or not to appoint candidates in the Internship Programme;
- Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development is in equal opportunity employment equity employer. People living with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Only Gauteng residents will be considered;
- Only complete applications received before closing date will be considered.
© Copyright to this text rests with The Bursary Bin. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited