Do you want to become a Diesel Mechanic, Electrician or Fitter? Are you looking for a learnership to help you hone your skills while getting paid in the process? One Anglo American’s coal mining operations in Mpumalanga, New Denmark Colliery, is inviting applications for its 2014/2015 fitter, diesel mechanic and electrician learnerships from suitably qualified young South Africans who are interested in learning the skills of the trades with one of South Africa’s leading mining companies. Applications are invited invited from persons with a minimum of an N2 Technical qualification.
What are the requirements?
- Depending on the learnership you are applying for (Fitter, Diesel Mechanic or Electrician), you have to meet the minimum qualification requirements relevant to your field:
- Fitter – Must have a minimum of an N2 Technical qualification with the following subjects: Fitting & Machining Trade Theory, Maths, Engineering Drawing, and Engineering Science.
- Electrician – Must have a minimum of an N2 Technical qualification with the following subjects: Electrical Theory, Maths, Industrial Electronics, and Engineering Science.
- Diesel Mechanic – Must have a minimum of an N2 Technical qualification with the following subjects: Diesel or Motor Trade Theory, Maths, Engineering Drawing, and Engineering Science.
- Must have knowledge of safety standards, regulations and system;
- Have the ability to cope under pressure, be a self-starter and innovative;
- Must have the ability and be prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment;
- Have a certificate of fitness or be able to obtain one;
- Be able to bbe on stand-by, work shifts and call-outs as and when required;
- Subjects with F symbol (39% or below) will not be considered;
- While not requirements, the following will be advantageous:
- Have a valid k53 drivers license;
- Some experience in a mining environment.
How to apply?
To apply for the Anglo American New Denmark Colliery Learnerships CLICK HERE NOW
Closing date: 29 August 2014
© Copyright rests exclusively with The Bursary Bin. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited.