Are you a South African youth currently studying or planning to study towards a Chartered Accountancy qualification (i.e. BCom Accounting CA stream, Bachelor of Accounting CA stream or BCompt) in 2015? The office of the Auditor-General of South Africa (AGSA) is inviting applications from above-average matric learners and current CA-aligned students at SAICA-recognised universities accross the country to apply for their 2015 Bursary Programme. Applicants must be prepared to enter into a training contract with the AGSA on completion of their qualifications.
What are the requirements?
Depending on your current education level, requirements vary. See below:
All candidates must be:
- Proficient in English with strong communication skills
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have a drive, determination and commitment to succeed
- Have strong leadership potential
Qualification requirement for Grade 12 students:
- Must obtain matric exemption and university acceptance
- Must obtain at least 60% for English
- Must obtain at least 60% for Mathematics (not Maths literacy)
Qualification requirement for University students:
1st year students: Obtain over 60% for Financial Accounting
2nd year students: Obtain over 60% for Financial Accounting Obtain over 60% for Managerial Accounting
3rd and Final year students: Obtain over 60% for Financial Accounting Obtain over 60% for Managerial Accounting Obtain over 60% for Taxation Obtain over 60% for Auditing Must obtain over 60% pass in all subjects.
How to apply?
To apply for the AGSA 2015 Bursaries CLICK HERE NOW.
Closing date: 15 September 2015
© The Bursary Bin and AGSA. All rights reserved.