The Shared Services: Finance unit within CSIR has a vacancy for an Internship: Project Administrator who will be responsible for financial administration, cost distribution and project administration support; distribution of standard system.
- Register projects and standard contracts in finance system. Assist with preparation of budgets
- Day-to-day administration of projects
- Ensuring that all contracts are supported by formal documentation i.e. contracts/order from client
- Prepare invoices according to contract requirements
- Assist operational staff with enquiries on expenses incurred against projects
- Assist with income declaration according to contract requirements.
- Produce and interrogate system reports.
- General Ledger: Allocate costs; prepare and process journals; reconcile general ledger account; make follow-ups on all outstanding items
- Review and maintain the data integrity of projects
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Internship: A BCom degree.
- In-Service Trainee: Studying towards a BCom degree or a National Diploma for which practical experience is a requirement in obtaining the qualification
- Basic computer literacy.
- Mathematical and analytical ability.
- Record-keeping skills.
- Ability to work accurate and pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge on VAT.
- General knowledge on double-entry accounting concepts of debits and credits and different methods of accounting including cash and accrual basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls and the need for policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in teams is essential.
- Problem-solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply for this internship opportunity CLICK HERE NOW.
Closing date: 25 August 2014
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
© CSIR. All rights reserved.