Anglo American’s Kumba Iron Ore division is inviting applications from young South Africans with a Matric (Grade 12) qualification for its Surface Mining Excavation Skills Development Programme at its SIOC Thabazimbi Mine.
This is a 6 months long programme wherein participants will be trained in the following Mining disciplines/careers: Hauling, Loading and Drilling). At the end of the programme, if you are found to be competent, you will stand a chance of being appointed in Kumba Iron Ore on a permanent basis. Kumba Iron Ore will give preferences to candidates who are resident in the Thabazimbi Local Municipality. Successful applicants will receive a monthly learnership allowance for the duration of this programme.
What are the requirements?
You have to meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered:
- Must have a Grade 12/Matric certificate;
- You have to pass a medical fitness test.
Please note that preference will be given to applicants who are residents in Thabazimbi Local Municipality (Applicants must attach proof of residence to their CVs).
How to apply
You can apply for this opportunity by submitting your CV, certified copy of your Matric/Grade 12 certificate, and your Proof of Residence by any one of the following means, quoting the reference number and title of this position (e.g. Skills Development Programme (Mining): Ref 710425) on your application:
- Email: ThabazimbiCorporate3@angloamerican.com (Write this in the subject line: Application – Skills Development Programme (Mining): Ref 710425) OR
- Fax: 086 212 7570 (Write this on your fax first page/cover page: Application – Skills Development Programme (Mining): Ref 710425) OR
- Hand deliver at GSS Local Walk-in-Center situated at the Main Building (Thabazimbi).
Closing date: 05 September 2014
You can get more information on this position on the Anglo American Website by CLICKING HERE
© Copyright rests with The Bursary Bin. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited.