Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in finance or are you studying towards a relevant National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree for which an in-service training is a requirement? The CSIR Shared Services Finance unit has vacancies for 2015 Financial Internships and In-Service Trainees seeking to gain financial experience in the following sections: Accounts Receivable; Accounts Payable; Assets; and General Ledger. The successful candidates will rotate within the financial administrative functions within the financial shared services group. The vacancies are based in Pretoria.
- Accounts Receivable: Generate invoices to customers upon receipt of an approved request, and make follow-ups on all outstanding debtor accounts.
- Accounts Payable: Review supplier invoices for validity against VAT legislation and CSIR policies and procedures; process supplier invoices to effect payment to suppliers; reconcile supplier accounts; and make follow-ups on all outstanding items.
- Assets: Perform asset counts and make follow-ups on all discrepancies including possible redundant assets, asset register maintenance including processing of new assets, movements between custodians, write-offs etc.; and label and assign new assets to custodians.
- General Ledger: Allocate costs; process journals; reconcile general ledger account; make follow-ups on all outstanding items; and reconcile all employee subsistence and travel claims for cost allocation and capturing.
Qualifications and skills:
- Internships: A Bachelor’s degree in finance.
- In-Service Trainees: Studying towards a national diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in finance for which practical experience is a requirement in obtaining the qualification.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Mathematical and analytical ability.
- Record-keeping skills.
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge on VAT.
- General knowledge on double-entry accounting concepts of debits and credits and different methods of accounting including cash and accrual basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls and the need for policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in teams is essential.
- Problem-solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
Closing date: 25 January 2015
To apply for this internship opportunity CLICK HERE
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR is a responsible employer; we have put measures in place to ensure that equity is implemented such that it best serves the interests of the organisation and South Africa as a whole. This speaks to the CSIR’s commitment to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date as well as reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
© Copyright rests exclusively with the CSIR. All rights reserved