Umgeni Water, based in Pietermaritzburg in KwaZulu-Natal, is offering three full-time bursaries to students who are in their second year of study for a degree in the following fields of study: Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering.
The Umgeni Water bursary will pay for registration, tuition, and accommodation fees as well as pay for prescribed books, stationery, and meals.
Applications are invited from South African citizens (however, residents of the KwaZulu-Natal province will be given preference) who will be entering the second year of study in their chosen qualification at a South African university. Applicants must have passed all of their courses to date, and must have an aggregate of 50% or more across their qualification.
What are the requirements?
To be considered for this bursary applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be studying towards a degree in any of the following engineering fields: Civil, Electrical or Chemical
- Must be entering their second year of study in 2015 (provide proof of academic record)
- Must be a South African citizen (preference will be given to KZN residents)
- Must be a full-time student
- Must have passed all subjects/courses up to now and have an aggregate mark of 50% or more
- Be willing to be employed by Umgeni Water on a service contract following completion of study for a period equal to the duration of funding
- Be willing to undergo an interview and a psychometric assessment.
How to apply?
To apply for an Umgeni Water bursary you first have to request the official application form from the Skills Development Facilitator, Mr Mxolisi Ngcobo, by email or post at the following details:
- Email: email@example.com
The Skills Development Facilitator
P O Box 9
Once the application form is filled in, attach the following documents and send the application back to Umgeni Water on any of the details above:
- Certified copy of your South Africa Identity Document / Identity Card
- Application/Motivation letter
- Full transcript of academic record including 2014 results
- Proof of registration.
Closing date: 27 February 2015
Should you have any questions regarding this bursary please call 033-341 1346 or 033-341 1093 during normal office working hours.
© Copyright on this text rests exclusively with The Bursary Bin. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited.