The CSIR International Convention Centre (ICC) is a dedicated, purpose-built convention centre catering for the medium-sized convention market hosting over 600 local, national and international conferences and other types of events annually. The CSIR ICC’s reservation department has a vacancy for students who are about to complete their academic training and require in-service training as part of fulfilling their national diplomas in the disciplines stipulated below. This position is based in Pretoria.
The CSIR ICC in-service training programme aims to expose students to the work environment for a period of 6 months with workplace learnership in fulfillment of their national diploma.
Assist reception with the following:
- Answering and directing calls to the switchboard
- Assist with signage
- Reception duties at the reception area of the ICC
- Assist reservations office with filling and other administrative duties
- Assist all clients and delegates at the centre
Assist the Customer Relations and Quality Manager with the following:
- Data capturing of all delegate feedback forms and client evaluation forms
- Annual quality management reviews
- Provide customer relations services to day visitors
Assist the Reservations Office with the following:
- General assistance with events.
- Event Coordinators with general duties.
- Filing and other administrative duties.
- Update the booking system.
Assist the Sales Manager with the following:
- Updating sales call database.
- General research.
- Conduct sales calls.
- Government and other procurement databases.
Qualifications and skills:
- Studying towards a three year tertiary qualification in hospitality management.
- Computer skills (MS Office).
- Language proficiency (English spoken & written).
- Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to be systematic.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
Candidates meeting the stipulated requirements and who are interested in these posts should submit their CVs, motivation letters and academic records.
Closing date: 7 June 2015
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.