CSIR International Convention Centre (ICC) is a dedicated, purpose-built convention centre catering for the medium-sized convention market hosting over 600 local, national and international conferences and other types of events annually. CSIR ICC Marketing Department has a vacancy for an In-service Trainee: Public Relations & Marketing who will be assisting the Marketing Coordinator to carry out marketing and public relations activities for the centre.
- Sourcing services photographer/s to take pictures and maintain stock of images of the Centre to be used in marketing material
- Source suppliers for marketing and public relations material.
- Maintaining brand catalogue and assist with maintaining record of all advertising and press coverage.
- Planning and implementation of events and other promotional activities
- Preparation of exhibition stand for trade shows.
- Monitoring and managing brand application and compliance on all material visible to clients in the following:
o Food station signage;
o Telephones for client use;
o Venue signage; and
o E-mail signatures.
- Record keeping of advertisements and checking of proofs
- Maintaining library of copies of industry publications.
- Maintaining and updating content of ICC website and third party internet adverts
- Promotions e.g. annual year planner, regular Facebook and twitter updates
- Source information on publications for advertising
- Maintain database and provide report as input to Marketing & Sales Plan.
- Create awareness of industry trends and innovative marketing methods to contribute to marketing & sales plan e.g. social network e-Marketing.
- conceptualising and write press release a monthly basis
- Assist in conceptualising and implementing CSIR projects.
- Media monitoring for ICC mentions.
- Monthly stock take of marketing material and internal communication e.g. update canteen bulletin boards regularly.
- Assist with other marketing and public relations functions as and when required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Studying towards a three year tertiary qualification in marketing or public relations.
- Good writing skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good understanding of brand application.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
Candidates meeting the stipulated requirements and who are interested in these posts should submit their CVs, motivation letters and academic records.
Closing date: 7 June 2015
To apply for this opportunity CLICK HERE NOW
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.