The National Department of Tourism, which operates under the competent custodianship of Minister Derek Hanekom, is inviting applications for its 2016 bursaries from South Africans planning to study towards one of the funded fields in 2016. The bursary will be awarded for ANY the following fields: Media Studies/ Journalism / Communication Science, LLB, Public Administration, Economics, International Politics (Honours), Tourism Management, and Public Relations Management.
What are the requirements?
You have to meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered:
- be a South African citizen,
- be studying at an accredited South African Educational Institution in one of the following fields of study:
- Media Studies/ Journalism / Communication Science,
- Public Administration,
- International Politics (Honours),
- Tourism Management, or
- Public Relations Management.
- be prepared to enter into a bursary agreement with the National Department of Tourism; and
- you must not have any other bursary funding / sponsorships.
How to apply?
To apply for this bursary, first download the application form by clicking here. Then fill it in and attach certified copies of qualifications, recent academic records and/or Matric results, Identity Document, proof of registration, proof of guardian’s income, and motivational letter, and send it back to:
Private Bag X424
or hand delivered to Tourism House, 17 Trevena Street, Sunnyside, for attention: Mr Welcome Tshabalala, tel. 012 444 6183 or Mr Loyiso Sobandla, tel. 012 444 6158.
Closing date: 15 January 2015
© The Bursary Bin