The South African Army is inviting applications for its 2017 Military Skills Development System (MSDS) from unemployed South African youths. The minimum requirement for consideration to this Military Training Programme is a completed Matric / Grade 12 qualification. Successful candidates will be provided with basic military training and functional training in the first year, and will have an opportunity to engage in actual military work in the second year (this may include deployment).
What are the requirements?
- Be a South African citizen;
- If you have only a Matric, you must be 22 years old or below;
- If you have completed a tertiary qualification, your must be 25 years old or below;
- Be willing to under go basic military training and functional training;
- Be willing to serve in uniform in and outside South Africa;
- Have NO criminal record or pending case;
- Willing to comply with the SANDF’s health assessment requirements;
- Be willing to relocate and not be bound to a specific area;
- Subscribe to the Military Code of Conduct.
How to apply?
To be considered fill in this coupon / application form (click to download) and return it, together with certified copies of your ID, Grade 12 certificate, and highest qualification (if any), as well as a SHORT CV, to the following address:
SA Army HQ,
Chief Army Corporate Services,
Directorate Army Human Resources
Private Bag X981,
Should you have any questions, please call SA Army Recruitment Office on 012 355 1420 / 2130
Closing date: 29 February 2016
Should you not hear any thing from SA Army by 31 October 2016, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
© The Bursary Bin