The South African Department of Arts & Culture is inviting applications from students currently in university OR matric learners planning to study towards a qualification in heritage related fields of study to apply for its 2016 Bursary Heritage Programme. The National Department of Arts and Culture Bursary will cover school fees (including registration), books, food and accommodation. The bursary will fund both undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in the fields listed below.
Qualifications eligible for the Department of Arts and Culture Heritage Bursaries:
- Heritage resources management;
- Archaeology (marine, etc.);
- Museum management and curatorship;
- Conservation and Preventative Conservation;
- Archives and records management;
- Collections (cultural & natural) management;
- Restorative and preventive conservation;
- Conservation of the built environment;and
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems.
Who is eligible to apply for these bursaries?
These bursaries are open to South African citizens who are currently students at a South African accredited institution of higher learning (University OR University of Technology) or Matric/Grade 12 learners accepted to study towards a heritage related qualification (see list above) in 2016. Applicants have to be financially needy and show academic potential. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY?
In order to apply, CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM. Fill it in and return it together with the required documents to the postal or physical addresses below.
You application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Certified copy of birth certificate or ID document
- Certified copy of the salary statement and/or proof of income and affidavit of your parents/guardians(if not working)
- Certified copy of Grade 12 June examination results / Grade 12 / Matric results
- If already at university – latest results / academic record
- Proof of registration at an institution of higher learning
Applications should be send to the addresses below:
|Physical Address||Postal Address|
481 Kingsley Centre,
Cnr. Stanza Bopape & Steve Biko Street,
Department of Arts and Culture,
Private Bag X897,
Closing date: 26 February 2016
Should you have any questions on these bursaries kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org or 012 441 3476 / 3470 with your questions or get more information on the DAC website here.
(c) The Bursary Bin owns copyright to parts of this article. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited.