The City of Johannesburg’s water purification, distribution and management company, Johannesburg Water, is inviting applications for its 2016 bursaries for tertiary study in various study fields for 2016. The bursaries are open to various fields of study relevent to the operations of Johannesburg Water, for 2016 the bursaries will be awarded for the following areas of study: Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing; Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Civil Engineering. The Johannesburg Water 2016 Bursaries covers all costs of study including tuition fees, residence, and pays a cash allowance. Successful candidates will also work for Johannesburg Water during university vacations, and they will be paid for this.
What are the requirements?
To be considered for the 2016 Johannesburg Water Bursaries, you have to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a South African citizen;
- Be willing to enter into a contract of employment with Johannesburg Water;
- Must be studying towards the qualifications listed in the table below and meet the requirements listed opposite each:
|Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism||Must have completed the first year or higher level (i.e. you must be in 2nd year or above in 2016)|
|National Diploma: Electrical Engineering||Must have completed S1 (i.e. you must be doing S2 or above in 2016)|
|National Diploma: Mechanical Engineering||Must have completed S1 (i.e. you must be doing S2 or above)|
|BSc in Civil Engineering||Must have passed Matric with 70% or more in Mathematics and Science OR must have completed 1st year of study or higher.|
How to apply?
To apply for the 2016 Johannesburg Water bursaries do as follows:
- Download the Johannesburg Water 2016 Application Form by clicking here, and then fill the form in.
- The completed form, together with the required documents as per the form, should be returned to Johannesburg Water by email at email@example.com by the closing date.
Closing date: 15 February 2016
Bursaries will be awarded based on academic merit and financial need. People from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, females and persons living will disabilities will be given preference.
© The Bursary Bin