The local municipality named after Xhosa warrior and prophet Makhanda Nxele (or just Makhanda as he was otherwise know), the Makana Local Municipality in the Eastern Cape, is inviting applications for its 2016 financial management internships, which are supported by the National Treasury, from unemployed South African graduates with a relevant tertiary qualification in any of the following fields: Auditing, Asset Management, Economics, Financial Accounting, Local Government Finance, or Risk Management. Interns will receive an annual stipend of R79 200 (which equates to about R6 600 monthly). The Financial Internships will last for a period of 24-months, and will accommodate four (4) candidates. The Internships are available in the municipality’s Budget and Treasury directorate and will be based in Grahamstown.
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered, you have to meet the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree or equivalent qualification in any of the following fields: Auditing, Asset Management, Economics, Financial Accounting, Local Government Finance, or Risk Management;
- Must have completed Grade 12 / Matric;
- Have above average computer skills;
- Be able to work under pressure;
- Have good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Applicants must be willing to sign a 24-months contract and fully participate in educational and workplace assignments, in line with the Municipal Financial Management Act (MFMA) priority training areas.
How to apply?
In order to apply for the 2016 Makana Municipality Financial Management Internships do as follows:
- First download the Makana Municipality Application Form (click here to download it or go fetch at Makana Municipal offices), fill it in (PLEASE NOTE: In the box titled Directorate on the form write the following: Budget & Treasury)
- The application form, together with a detailed CV and certified copies of ID, transcript(s) of academic record, and qualifications should be returned to the Makana Municipality by post only on the following address:
P.O Box 176
Closing date: 12 February 2016
Should you have any questions please contact the HR Practitioner, Ms Zani Siqwede by email on nsiqwede @makana.gov.za
© The Bursary Bin