Southern Africa’s leading feeder airline, Airlink, is inviting applications for its 2016 Flight Attendants opportunities from young South Africans with a Grade 12 / Matric qualification. This opportunity is open to both South Africans licensed by the South African Civil Aviation Authority as well as those that have not been licensed. Candidates are encouraged to reside with close proximity to the Oliver Reginald Tambo International Airport (applicants from other areas will have to seek accommodation closer to the airport for the purpose of being closer to your place of employment).
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered for these opportunities, applicants are required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must have a Grade 12 / Matric certificate;
- Must have passed Grade 12 English with a minimum of symbol C on Standard Grade or Symbol D on Higher Grade (with the new NSC this translates to a pass of 50% or higher);
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid South African Identity Document;
- Must have a valid passport;
- Be able to work without supervision;
- Be between the ages of 21 and 28 years of age;
- Be physically fit and well groomed;
- Stay within reasonable distance of the OR Tambo International Airport and have transport to go to work;
- Be able to communicate well in English and have good customer care skills;
- Be of a weight that is proportional to your height, and be of a height of between 1.55 metres and 1.68 metres;
- Be able to undergo an extreme intensive training programme over a six-week period, as well as undergo a security check, medical examination, interviews, psychometric and psychological evaluation; and
- Be able to swim.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you are required to submit the following:
- Certified copies of your Matric certificate (or equivalent) and valid passport;
- A clear recent full-length photograph of yourself;
- Direct telephone / cellphone contact details and email address;
- A brief employment history and letter of motivation; and
- A 1-page CV.
Send the above by either email or post to any of the following details, indicating this reference number in the subject line of your email and application FA-JHB-0316:
OR by post:
The Cabin Services Manager
PO Box 7495
Closing date: 13 April 2016
No faxes and hand-deliveries will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If not contacted for an interview in three-months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
© The Bursary Bin