The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is inviting applications for its 2016 Internships to be based at its offices in Johannesburg from suitably qualified candidates. Applications are invited from graduates, final year students, or students registered for post-graduate (Honours and above) studies in any of the following fields: political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a in related field. Interns will be paid a monthly stipend for the duration of the internship programme.
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered for the 2016 UN Humanitarian Affairs Internship Programme in Johannesburg, applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have a bachelors’ degree or be in your final year in any of these fields: political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a in related field; OR be a graduate student studying towards an Honours or higher degree in the aforementioned fields;
- Be computer literate;
- Have a willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations, a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs;
- Be fluent in English
- Not a strict minimum requirement, but it will be to your advantage if you can understand and speak French.
How to apply?
Apply for this UN Humanitarian Affairs Internship online by CLICKING HERE
Closing date: 18 April 2016
© The Bursary Bin