Are you an agricultural graduate with a diploma or degree in animal or crop production or agricultural economics? The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform (DRDLR) is inviting applications for its 2016 Agricultural Extension Services 2016 Internships to be based within various districts from graduates with either a diploma or degree in Agriculture majoring in any of these: animal production, agricultural economics, or crop productions.
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered, candidates have to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have the following skills:
- Computer literacy;
- People and project management;
- Research methodology;
- Report writing, liaison, and interpersonal skills.
- Have a willingness to travel and work long hours;
- Have a degree or diploma in agriculture as per the following table:
|Field of Exposure||Qualification requirements||Reference Number||District of Placement||No. of interns required|
|Agricultural Extension Services||Degree or Diploma in Agriculture (Animal Production)||3/2/1/2016/026||Sedibeng||2|
|Degree or Diploma in Agriculture (Crop Production)||2|
|Degree or Diploma in Agriculture (Agriculture Economics)||1|
|Degree or Diploma in Agriculture (Crop Production)||3/2/1/2016/022||West Rand||5|
|Degree or Diploma in Agriculture (Animal Production)||3/2/1/2016/023||City of Tshwane||4|
|Degree or Diploma in Agriculture (Crop Production)||1|
Your duties will include the following:
- Analyse project / farm status;
- Develop project plans for a 12 months period;
- Work and liaise between the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform, project owners and other stakeholders;
- Provide technical advice to projects;
- Conduct research;
- Provide progress reports and feedback; and
- Learn from project experiences.
How to apply?
To apply for these internship positions, candidates should send their applications by post or hand-deliver them to DRDLR’s offices in Gauteng (Arcadia).
Applications should should consist of a covering letter accompanied by a detailed CV, certified copies of ID and qualifications, stating the reference number as indicated on this advert. Applications must forwarded to: The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform, Private Bag X09, Hatfield, 0028 for the attention of Ms Sibongile Mkhize or hand-delivered to: 6th Floor, 524 Suncardia Shopping Centre, corner Steve Biko and Stanza Bopape Streets, Arcadia, Pretoria.
For enquiries, contact: Khathu Mathegu, Tel. (012) 337 3664 / 3669.
You can download this advertisement as a .PDF file by clicking here
Closing date: 27 May 2016
© The Bursary Bin