The Local Government SETA (LGSETA) is inviting applications from South African youth between 18 and 35 years who are currently studying or intend studying towards a any qualification relevant its list of scarce skills and focus areas (see tables below). Candidates can either be unemployed or employed.
Read these notes carefully before completing the application form. Make sure that you read every section and that the information you provide is accurate.
- INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED (this includes forms with missing documents)
- The LGSETA does not take responsibility and will not be held liable for any forms which were undelivered or missing.
- Student who are granted a bursary from another organisation/institution are obliged to inform the LGSETA. The LGSETA have the right to withdraw funding awarded if the student receives a bursary elsewhere.
- The LGSETA bursary is annual award, therefore students will be required to re-apply annually to LGSETA.
- Non South African students will not be considered.
- The student must meet the entry requirements for the programme as required by the HET or TVET Institution. The qualification must be accredited on the NQF/N Levels.
- The LGSETA will only fund a course which falls within the scarce and critical skills areas in Local Government see Table 1 and 2 below:
|LGSETA Scarce and Critical Skills
|121101||Chief Financial Officer|
|121104||Internal Audit Manager|
|121301||Policy and Planning Manager|
|132301||Construction Project Manager|
|213306||Water Quality Technician|
|214202||Civil Engineering Technologist|
|216401||Urban and Regional Planner|
|242207||Compliance Officer (Risk Officer)|
|311201||Civil Engineering Technician|
|311203||Town Planning Technician|
|313201||Water Plant Operator|
|312301||Building Construction Supervisor|
|341201||Community Development Worker|
|According to Chapter 14 – Schedule 4B of the South African Constitution, the general provisions of local government are as follows:|
|3||Child care facilities|
|4||Electricity and gas reticulation|
|9||Municipal health services|
|10||Municipal public transport|
|11||Municipal public works only in respect of the needs of municipalities in the discharge of their responsibilities to administer functions specifically assigned to them under this Constitutional or any other law|
|12||Pontoons, ferries, jetties, piers and harbours, excluding the regulation of international and national shipping and matters related thereto|
|13||Storm water management systems in built-up areas|
|15||Water and sanitation services limited to potable water supply systems and domestic waste-water and sewage disposal systems|
Completed application forms (which can be downloaded by CLICKING HERE) with the attachments should be submitted to: LGSETA, 47 Van Buuren Road, Bedfordview, 2007 or emailed to Bursaryapp@lgseta.org.za. All submissions MUST be clearly marked for the attention of LGSETA Bursaries.
Closing date for applications is 31 May 2016