Engineering firm, Sandvik, is inviting applications from students studying towards a qualification that requires experiential learning for completion (e.g. N6 Diploma, National Diploma, etc) in Administration, or Management Assistant / Personal Assistant for its experiential learner positions in Jetpack, Gauteng. The incumbent will implement the company customer driven vision by being the first reflection of the company as the first point of contact for callers. You will perform Ad hoc administrative tasks which would include:
- Answering and connect calls using a computerised switchboard system
- Test lines and report faults
- Update directories
- Take and pass on messages
- Carry out basic administration tasks
- Work in a team with ‘front of house’ staff
- Will be required to relive at reception when necessary
What are the requirements?
- Matric (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification
- Tertiary qualification in Administration/ Personal Assistant.
- Experiential Learner has to have a qualification in order to use the practical work experience to get their diploma.
- Good hearing and a clear telephone voice
- A confident and polite telephone manner
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- A good standard of spoken and written English
- Basic computer and keyboard skills
- Excellent customer care skills the ability to deal with difficult calls in a calm and professional manner
- An awareness of confidentiality issues
- Good time-keeping and reliability.
How to apply
To apply for this position at Sandvik in Jetpark, Johannesburg CLICK HERE
Closing date: 27 October 2016
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331.
Recruiter: Emelda Moganedi