The CSIR has an Internship opportunity for an Intern in the Earth Observation Science and Information Technology (EOSIT) competence area within the Meraka Institute. The incumbent will assist in promoting, monitoring and interacting with project stakeholder communities through digital channels, including various social media websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, and Instagram. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Maintain digital community through the social media community channels and social advertising;
- Help grow and engage user base;
- Manage social listening efforts and report back to management;
- Develop and curate digital content used to engage constituents;
- Compile data, analyse and report on social media use;
- Monitor and collate feedback, communicate with the team on current trending issues and post on blogs, forums and social networks;
- Act as internal advocate for digital community efforts, building support for social initiatives among stakeholders and driving digital best practices.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or media studies;
- Excellent and above average creativity, design and social media engagement skills;
- Knowledge of the following areas:
- Keyword analysis,
- Data sourcing,
- Information management;
- Process / information analysis and design;
- Web, technology, social platforms, current and future trends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Highly organised and creative;
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules;
- Demonstrated team player;
- Ability to build lasting relationships and strong communities.
How to apply?
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, position title and reference number in the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Internship: Digital Media & Community Channels: Reference No: 307326)
Closing date: 30 October 2016