The CSIR has an opportunity for an Internship in the Transport Support Systems and Operations competence area within the Built Environment (BE) unit. The purpose of this job is to collect and
store data in relation to loading of heavy vehicles and to capture data collected during performance based standards (PBS) certification processes. This position is based in Pretoria, but travelling to other provinces for field work will be required.
- Conduct data collection for PBS certification processes, which includes field work;
- Capture collected data, making use of in-house developed technology;
- Conduct basic data validation and data analysis through technology;
- Compile scientific reports;
- Present scientific results;
- Install and support CSIR applications to client’s sites.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Diploma or higher in information technology, information systems, informatics or computer science/ engineering;
- Experience in data validation and data analysis is a requirement;
- Ability to use distance measuring instruments is essential;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage or contribute to projects within allocated time;
- Must have a driver’s license and willing to undertake field trips on a regular basis.
How to apply?
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title and reference number i n the subject line, (eg. John Smith: Job title: Internship: Technology Implementation and Data Support: Reference No: 307331)
Closing date: 09 November 2016