Distell offers an exciting opportunity to a suitable candidate in our Corporate & Regulatory Affairs Department. This position will be based at Distell Libertas Parva, Stellenbosch. The successful candidate will report to Director Corporate & Regulatory Affairs. The intention is to give practical work experience to a student who has completed their degree qualification and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 01 February 2017 and terminating 31 January 2018.
Our Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Internship Analyst Program provides you with the opportunity to expand upon your academic foundation – specifically your technical skills, your knowledge of industry and will provide exposure to a stimulating corporate environment.
This programme will introduce you to a breadth of roles across the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs team who provide core functions for the company including: Public Policy, Regulatory Affairs, Media Relations, Internal and External Communications, Public Relations, Corporate Brand and Marketing, Corporate Social Investment and Responsibility, Sustainable socio-economic development, Stakeholder Relations and Engagement, Office Management and Administration, Project and Programme management / administration, Corporate Hospitality, Heritage management.
Key Learning Areas include (but are not limited to):
- Communications – assist in successful delivery and administration of a communications plan and related activities / projects.
- Corporate Hospitality – help provide planning and execution support for internal and external events.
- Stakeholder Relations – monitor and analyse external environmental matters affecting the company; assist in developing thought leader documentation and position papers, stakeholder mapping.
- Media Relations – help manage regional/local media relationships; assist in drafting responses to the media.
- Project and programme management and administration for the office of the Director.
- Budget tracking, monitoring and variance analysis.
- CSI project implementation, tracking and evaluation support.
- Archives and heritage management administration support.
- Corporate Brand and Marketing – workshop planning and administration support in line with survey feedback.
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent academic record.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Sound communication and presentation skills.
- Effective time management.
- Strong numerical aptitude and analytical abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter / Motivational letter.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified academic record.
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate.
- A letter from the tertiary institution.
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution.
- Certified copy of Identity Document.
How to apply?
To apply for this 2017 internship at Distell in Stellenbosch CLICK HERE. (Please note: You will be required to register before applying)
Closing date: 18 November 2016