Petra Diamonds SA invites candidates who are interested in gaining workplace experience in the mining sector in the discipline of engineering to apply for the Young Graduate Work Experience Project (6 months contract). The position will be based in Koffiefontein.
- Grade 12
- A 4 year degree (including B Tech degree) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow a programme to gain workplace experience related to engineering safety
- Execute project-based work and studies related to engineering safety
- Work in designated areas according to the Mine’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Work according to the applicable Mine’s Code of Practice, Policies and Procedures
- Submit progress reports to supervisors for “assessment”
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English, as well as sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Show initiative and be self-motivated Report writing skills
PLEASE NOTE: Preference will be given to Petra Diamonds SA (Pty) Ltd Bursars; children of employees; candidates with the required qualifications who are residing in the local communities and who are citizens of South Africa.
Petra Diamonds is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments and induction, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria.
See this advert in original PDF by clicking here
Please complete an application form (available on http://www.petradiamonds.com/careers/current-vacancies) and send together with your resume, qualifications and ID to E1-Recruitment@petradiamonds.com, fax 086 692 2442 by 30 November 2016. Please note that incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines: South Africa 0800 22 22 00 (toll free from an RSA landline) or international +27 12 305 2711.