SASRI is offering a graduate programme opportunity and applications are invited from candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma with a major in Business Information Systems/Computer Science and have knowledge of/experience in designing databases, developing and maintaining applications.
The successful candidates will be mentored by the Data Support Manager assisting with research to develop high tech products and services for the sugar industry. In-house training will focus on Java SE, J2EE and the Oracle ADF Framework. You will also be provided with training in Oracle databases, Oracle BI Publisher, Jasper Reports, Oracle Application Express, SharePoint 2013 and Linux fundamentals.
Purpose of the Internship is to:
- Provide workplace experience to graduates allowing them practical exposure that will enrich their academic training, enhancing future employability.
- Provide additional skills development training that will stimulate personal and professional growth, provide life skills and boost work readiness (Basic Business, Technical and Life Skills Training) through formal mentorship.
- Successful candidates will receive an allowance of R3500.00 on a monthly basis.
- There is onsite accommodation, meals, clinic facilities and a laundry service at a monthly contribution of R380.00 (optional).
There will be opportunities for growth and development for students who stand out from the rest and contribute significantly during the year.
The closing date is 9 January 2017.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- work in a team
- work methodically and systematically
- understand data management systems
- communicate well (verbal and written)
- understand IT systems from a development and business analysis point of view
- undertake design tasks for business computer systems
- work without supervision
- hardware and software technologies
- knowledge of Java, SQL, HTML, Oracle.
How to apply?
To apply for this internship at SASRI CLICK HERE
© The Bursary Bin