The CSIR has a Master’s Studentship opportunity in the Internet of Things research group, within Meraka Institute. The motivated and enthusiastic student will conduct research in Internet of Things. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Prepare research proposal to be approved by both the CSIR and the university;
- Prepare a written literature overview of the current state-of-the-art around the research topic;
- Perform research to solve the research problem that the student identified in his/her proposal;
- Produce sufficient quantity and quality of peer-reviewed publications around this research topic;
- Compile the Master’s degree thesis and defending the work successfully;
- Contribute to extra activities that may be outside the scope of the Master’s degree research as per the needs of the research group. The amount of such work shall be limited to 20% of the total time.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- An Honours degree or equivalent qualification in computer/electronic engineering, computer science;
- Ability to generate research questions and hypotheses: Review, critique and synthesize a body of research, identifying significant gaps in knowledge, methods and study subjects to develop research questions and testable hypotheses;
- Ability to work well under pressure as part of a team as well as independently
- Effectively communicate issues, research findings and implications of research verbally and in writing to appropriate professional and public audiences;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who take ownership and initiative and have the willingness to learn;
- Basic knowledge of Internet of Things will be advantageous.
How to apply?
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title and reference number in the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Masters Studentship: Internet of Things: Reference No: 307511)
Closing date: 10 January 2017