The University of Free State’s Centre for Teaching and Learning is inviting applications for its 2017 Technology in Training and Learning Internship. The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree) with no relevant work experience the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of e-assessment activities, including the development of assessment question banks and scheduling of e-assessments (Blackboard and Question Mark).
- Assist in the development of training material for objective assessment.
- Provide support in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of student and/or academic staff training.
- Provide assistance in the collection and analysis of data and writing of reports.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Intermediate computer skills, including but not limited to MS Word and MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Effective organisation skills.
- Manage events/processes effectively and independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible
07 February 2017
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9339/3934.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online, CLICK HERE TO APPLY. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a copy of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.