Ampath is inviting unemployed South Africans to apply for its 12 months full-time learnership programme which intends to help candidates qualify as Lab Assistants. The Learnership is based in Ampath offices in Westridge, KwaZulu-Natal. Applicants must have passed Grade 10 or standard 8. The successful candidates will also be responsible for receiving and preparing the specimens in the laboratory, filling of blocks and slides, clean and maintain the instruments in the laboratory. A monthly stipend will be paid.
Key performance area
- Receive specimens in order to ensure effective and efficient specimen flow in the laboratory
- Prepare Histology / Cytology specimen in order to ensure efficient processing of specimens in the laboratory.
- Perform administration tasks in order to ensure effective administration systems in the laboratory.
- Perform general laboratory tasks in order to ensure the effective functioning of the laboratory.
- Clean and maintain laboratory in order to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain good client relations to promote the image of Ampath.
- Applicants must have Standard 8 or Grade 10;
- Communication skills;
- You must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English and/or Afrikaans.
- And have numerical reasoning skills and have ability to perform basic numerical calculations (e.g. additions, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages);
- Advantage: Matric or Grade 12, Previous experience in a Pathology environment, Knowledge of the Meditech system and Computer skills will be advantageous.
How to apply?
To apply for the Ampath 2017 Lab Assistant Learnership Programme CLICK HERE
Closing date: 7 February 2017