South African mining company, Anglo American, is inviting applications for its 2017 Engineering Learnerships at its Goedehoop / Bank Colliery in Mpumalanga within its Coal South Africa division. The learnership programme is open to young unemployed South Africans that are interested in becoming either a Millwright, Boilermaker, Rigger or Diesel Mechanic, with a Grade 12 / Matric certificate OR an N2 certificate. Learners will be trained at Bank Colliery and will be paid a monthly learnership allowance for the duration of the learnership programme.
- Sound knowledge of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards with a high regard to safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum Grade 12 with Maths (not Maths literacy & Functional Maths) and Physical Science OR minimum N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e:
|Electrician:||Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory.|
|Fitter:||Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Trade Theory.|
|Instrumentation Mechanician:||Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Instrument Trade Theory.|
|Maths, Engineering Science, Plating & Structural Drawing, Platers Theory
Maths, Engineering Science, Diesel Trade Theory, Engineering Drawings
- Subjects with F symbols will not be accepted.
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able and prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment.
- Must be in possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Be able to identify faults without supervision.
- Experience in the Mining Sector will be advantageous.
- Certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license and ID Document must be attached to all applications.
- Please indicate which trade you are applying for.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
The Company offers:
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities.
- A culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- People focused values across the organization.
- Successful incumbents will be offered a highly competitive, flexible remuneration package.
Ref No: GH021/17GS
Closing date: 27 February 2017
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license & ID Document to the HR Offices OR submit their applications online by CLICKING HERE. Please indicate the trade you are applying for.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful. Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.
Please note that if you are an employee of Goedehoop Colliery the onus is on you to ensure that your Supervisor / Manger are aware of your intent to apply as per normal procedure and good practice.
Note: No correspondence will be sent to unsuccessful candidates
CV’s without certified copies of qualifications, ID and Driver’s License will automatically be disqualified.