Digital solutions company, Britehouse, is inviting applications for its 2017 Graduate Developer Internships from unemployed South African youth who have completed an IT related Certificate or National Diploma or Degree from a recognised South African institution of higher learning with an above-average academic record. The Britehouse Graduate Software Developer Internship will be based either at Britehouse Head Office in Bryanston, Johannesburg or at a client site.
The Britehouse Digital Internship Programme is a 12 month intensive development programme commencing in February each year. This programme allows you to gain valuable working experience and theoretical training while earning a salary. The Britehouse Digital Internship Programme is your chance to build the foundation for a successful career in the IT industry.
- A supporting structure of Mentors will guide our Interns through their training by providing help for challenges at work or simply being around for a friendly chat.
- The Graduate Developer will work in a professional and comfortable work environment where the core focus is on learning, growth, knowledge sharing, teamwork and collaboration.
- The Graduate Developer will be exposed to all major Microsoft, Mobile & Analytical technologies and excellent training opportunities both internally and externally.
- This exposure also occurs through the different engagement models being project-based development, placements, outsourced teams and support and enhancement engagements.
- Upon completion of the programme, successful Interns may have the opportunity of permanent employment within the company based upon their performance during the course of the Internship.
- The Graduate Developer must also be willing to do business travel to customer sites as per business requirements.
- Successful applicants will complete a 2 hour written technical assessment and those that pass will be invited to attend an interview. Thereafter the final selection will be completed and offers sent out soon afterwards.
Key Performance Areas and Key Performance Indicators
- Customer Relations.
- Documentation skills, i.e. the standard and quality of documents.
- C#, .NET Framework and SQL Server.
- The ability to solve problems.
- Billable hours.
- Microsoft Exams.
- 360 review.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must be South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35.
- Applicants must be in possession of a Matric Qualification and a completed IT related Degree / National Diploma / Certificate from a recognized South African Institute with an above-average academic record.
- A CV, Matric certificate, tertiary transcripts and IT certifications will be requested once shortlisted for the role.
- Applicants must not have participated in previous learnership, graduate or internship programmes.
- Applicants must not have previously had permanent employment within a software development environment.
- Previous work experience such as vacation work is welcomed but not required.
- Preference will be given to disabled applicants.
Application Process (how to apply)
- Applications must be completed by clicking on the Apply Now text after CLICKING HERE or at http://graduates.britehouse.co.za/
- CV’s will be screened & shortlisted.
- Applicants will be asked to complete an online assessment if passed, they will be asked for a telephonic interview with HR and then invited to attend an interview with one of our Development Managers.
- Offer for 2017 Internship
Attributes and Competencies
- Planning and organising.
- Must be individually driven and motivated.
- Must be reliable and responsible.
- Must be enthusiastic.
Potential career development opportunities
- Future for permanent employment.
- Britehouse Digital is always open to dynamic, energetic people with open minded attitudes and a positive work ethic.
- We offer opportunities to learn, develop and advance across the spectrum of our services and solutions.
- Britehouse Digital developers have opportunities during the course of their employment to either be based at head office or to work at customer sites depending on the requirements at the time as well as to get exposure to a broad range of technologies and industries.