The Ekurhuleni Metro Police Department (EMPD) is inviting applications for its Traffic Warden opportunities from unemployed South Africans with a Grade 12/Matric certificate OR those with atleast one year military experience. The positions will be based within the EMPD’s Land Invasion Unit. The starting salary for the positions is R116 112 excluding benefits. These are not internships but full-time positions.
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered, you should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 OR at least 1 year relevant experience on matters of military or related issues on safety and security
- No criminal record
- Proof of residential address
- Proof of military affiliation will be an added advantage
- Deal with evictions on illegally occupied EMM land and buildings
- Enforce Traffic Law to promote road safety and traffic flow within EMM in accordance to the Batho Pele principles
- Execute crime prevention activities within EMM to create a safer living environment for all
- Execute By-Laws to ensure compliance and adherence to all Council By-Laws
- Attend to traffic- and scholar patrols in accordance with the Council By-laws ad Road traffic Act
- Execute administration functions to ensure efficient and effective administration processes that promotes a good image of EMPD that is to be upheld through public relations and in accordance to the Batho Pele principles
CVs must be submitted open (NO ENVELOPES)
Applications must be submitted to ONE of the following Human Resource Offices:
- Kempton Park Civic Centre, Corner Pretoria Road and CR Swart Drive, drop-in box, Main Entrance
- Enquiries: 011 999 3611/3619/3608/3612/3615/3616/1742
- Brakpan Civic Centre, Cnr. Elliot & Escombe Streets, Brakpan
- August Simmer Building, Ground Floor, 88 President Street, Germiston
- 52 Woburn Avenue, Bensan Building, Benoni
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number (TW/EMPD) on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license, medical certificate and proof of residence, are not attached to the application / CV.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.
See this position on the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality’s official website here