The South African Forestry Company (SAFCOL) is inviting applications from unemployed youths (18-35 years of age) who wish to pursue a career in building or construction of Timber Frame Structures. Successful applicants will be granted an opportunity to participate in a formal one-year Learnership Programme (SAQA-accredited, NQF Level 2 Community House Building, registered under Construction Education and Training Authority, Unit Standard number 24273). It will consist of accredited theoretical classroom training and practical training consisting of building actual Timber Frame Structures.
Learners will be based at SAFCOL’s operations in Limpopo and Mpumalanga provinces, Timbadola Sawmill, Levubu Area near Makhado, and Platorand Training Centre in Sabie.
What are the requirements?
- Must be a South African citizen in good health;
- Must have successfully completed Grade 12 with Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy;
- Must be prepared to work in noisy and dusty production environment; and
- Must be prepared to work with heights.
How to apply for the 2017 SAFCOL Learnerships?
To apply for the 2017 SAFCOL Learnerships, send your application letter together with a detailed CV with contactable references accompanied by certified copies of the following:
- Identity Document
- Matric / Grade 12 statement of results / certificate
Scan your application documents and send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR submit your application at any of the following SAFCOL offices (at reception area):
- Pretoria Office – Poduim at Menlyn
- Nelspruit Office – 10 Steak Street
- Ngome Platation Office – R618 Nongoma, Vryheid Road
- Platorand Training Centre – R532, Graskop Road
- Timandola Sawmill Office – Entabeni Road, Levubu Area
Closing date: 14 March 2017
Should you have any question on the learnership programme, please contact any of the following officials during normal office hours: Sipho Khoza or Sipho Mogale on telephone numbers: 013 754 2900 / 2700
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals, people living with disability, Black females and youth from communities which SAFCOL has signed Social Compact with.
Should you not have received a response within 30 days of closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful